Monday, April 5, 2010

Solving Rational Equation 1

AHHH!! I totally forgot that I forgot to post a POST about how to solve a rational equation! Because of that I lost 10 mark! Although thanks to our most generous teacher Mr. Cheng, he told me he would change my mark if I post it before the first term. So enough of talking, let's et down to business.



Ok This expression seems quite confusing... Plus I haven't done this for WEEKS! Well let's solve it slowly:

Procedure of Solving:
1. For me, I really dislike negative numbers, so I usually solve them first. So I bring up the x^-2 up to make it positive and add it up with an x. So it would equal x^3.

2. Then I wold distribute the exponent 3/2 to the expression. So it would be 16^3/2 (x^3)^3/2 OVER 25^3/2.

3. We also learned from previous lessons, how to change exponents in fractions to radicals. So it would be Root 16^3 then we simplify the (x^3)^3/2 into x^9/2 OVER root 25^3. Now when you simply these two radicals, you wold get 64 for the numerator and 125 for the denominator.

4. Then we change the x^9/2 to Root x^9.

5. We are almost there! but not quite yet.. we still have to bring out the root x^9 into something MORE simpler, so it would become x^4 root x.

6. Finally you would put all of these together and would get the answer from the diagram above.

WE ARE DONE!!! WHOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment